Who we are
We are giving you this notice because you can exercise your child’s data protection rights on their behalf. When your child is older (usually when they reach the age of 12) they will be considered mature enough to exercise their own data protection rights.
Types of data we collect
When someone visits www.silverwoods…. (whatever my website address it) we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
What is 'personal information'?
Personal information is information that Silverwoods collects about you and your child. This includes information such as their date of birth and address as well as things like, medical details, dietary requirements, Behavioural or educational needs and Permission for photography for marketing purposes. Silverwoods, may also record photos and video recordings of your child, this is all personal information.
How and why does Silverwoods collect personal information?
The booking forms, which you complete, give us lots of personal information.
We collect this information to help Silverwoods run properly, safely and to let others know what we do here. Here are some examples:
- We need to tell all appropriate members of staff if your child is allergic to something or might need extra help with some tasks.
- We may need to report some of your child’s information to the government. For example, if we have any concerns about your child’s welfare.
- We may need to share information with the police or our legal advisers if something goes wrong or to help with an inquiry. For example, if one of your child’s friend is injured at Forest School.
- We may share some information with our insurance company to make sure that we have the insurance cover that we need.
- Enable you to use the services available on the website
- To contact the emergency services and provide them with any medical conditions or history
- Send statements, invoices, and the payments of fees due
- Send you information in regards to your session such as a confirmation of booking or changes to your session
- Send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business.
We will only share your and your child’s information with other people and organisations when we have a good reason to do so.
We may use photographs or videos of your child for Silverwoods Forest School’s website and social media sites, to show prospective clients what we do here, as well as for educational teaching purposes.
Due to the nature of our business involving children we are required to keep information relating to each child and their booking for a period of 10 years. All data will be archived and destroyed 10 years later, when the time arises, we securely delete and destroy all of the information we hold on file, all hard copies of personal data are shredded and electronic copies are securely deleted.
What do we do with your child’s personal information?
Like other organisations we need to keep you and your child’s information safe, up to date, only use it for what we said we would, destroy it when we no longer need it and most importantly – treat the information we get confidentially.
What decisions can you make about you and your child’s information?
If information is incorrect you can ask us to correct it.
This policy will be reviewed annually and was written on 1st July 2018.